Saturday, April 22, 2017

You're Killin Me, Smalls

I found another box of cross-stitch stuff in the closet. This closet isn't even that big. It's like a 
clown  car--more stuff comes out of it than you think could ever possibly fit in it. I think this is the last box. Maybe. Probably. 

Apparently at one time (remember, I took a ten-year break from stitching) I was really into small and somewhat challenging projects, because this box is full of them. 

I found Better Not Pout, a Christmas sampler from Shepherd's Bush. If you follow me on Instagram, you know I've been working on this one.

White-Eared Hummingbird by Crossed Wing Collection. This is on 40-count gauze. Gauze, people. What was I thinking? I love the colors (they're all silks) and the design so I probably will finish it at some point.

Here's the photo off the chart so you can see what it will look like when it's done. So pretty. I don't know what I'll do with this when I'm finished stitching, but I can tell you it won't be a lid of a jar I keep my pearls in. 


Another Shepherd's Bush called Pansy Roll. This finishes into a needle roll that's really cute. There's just a tiny bit more stitching left to do on this one.

This one is Itty Bitty Duo of Trees by Twisted Threads. Itty bitty is right. The finished design size is 2" x 4.5". It's all one over one on 32-count linen. I love the pale green linen. I love the little wool felt tree on top. I love the Rhodes stitches scattered in the bottom Christmas tree. I love the little star buttons that look like gummies. I don't so much love the thought of stitching all those stripes of one over one around the bottom Christmas tree.


My plan is to work these in amongst the bigger projects I have going, because I really would like to finish all of them. We'll see how well that plan works out. 

ROTATION: 
+ Bluebell, Nora Corbett
+ K is for Kitty, Prairie Schooler
+ Egypt Garden, Chatelaine
+ Lady of the Flag, Mirabilia
+ Hocus Pocus, Prairie Schooler (Dark 13)
+ Mystery Sampler, Linen and Threads (take-along)

FINISHES:
+ The Plum Berry Sampler, Bent Creek (19 Mar)
+ Better Not Pout, Shepherd's Bush (19 Apr)

READING:
Ashley Bell,by Dean Koontz

WATCHING:
Shetland
Baseball games!


1 comment:

  1. I like the hummingbird one as it is now. It reminds me of the handkerchiefs I used to get as presents when I was a little girl.

    ReplyDelete