Monday, March 20, 2017

First Finish


At the beginning of March, I unearthed a big container of cross-stitch stuff from the back of a closet. One of the things I found was a super cute sampler by Bent Creek, called  The Plum Berry Sampler, that was almost finished. All that needed stitching was the last row of letters and the little bird, and I finished that up and then sewed on the buttons on March 19th. My first finish of 2017!

Stitched mostly in the called-for colors. The bird is stitched in Cadet by Weeks Dye Works and her little beak is in Gentle Art Sampler Threads, Gold Leaf. The label on the linen says it's 32 count 18th Century Stone, but I don't know the manufacturer. The linen is showing up more gray in this photo than it really is.

I'm not sure yet how I'll finish this up. Probably framed.

No comments:

Post a Comment