Thursday, October 6, 2016

Better Day

Today was a much better day of stitching. I did the backstitching on the columns on the right side of the piece. I hate to backstitch so I'm doing a little at a time here and there. I noticed as I did the backstitching that I made a mistake on one of the columns. Can you see it?

After that, I stitched on the columns on the left side of the piece. I made mistakes here too, which I didn't notice until after I'd finished. Can you see those?

People say that what makes these Chatelaine pieces so unique is the hand-dyed threads. That's true, but my piece will be even more unique for all the mistakes I've made! 

1 comment:

  1. I don't see a mistake, but I remember the maybe apocryphal story of people being supposed to make a mistake in any piece of needlework so as to not challenge God with perfection or something. That's my story whenever I knit something :-)

    ReplyDelete